Monday, 22 October 2018

WARNING: Forum Usage

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE HAVE NOTICED A NUMBER OF POSTS WHICH ARE NOT CONSTRUCTIVE AND ARE DETRACTING FROM THE USEFULLNESS OF THIS FORUM.  THIS WEBSITE FORUM IS INTENDED TO BE FOR CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION ABOUT CAPE VERDE.

IN THE INTERESTS OF ALL OF OUR COMMUNITY, POSTS WILL NOW BE ACTIVELY MONITORED AND ANY POSTS WHICH ARE CONSIDERED UNSUITABLE WILL BE DELETED.  ANY USER WHICH FREQUENTLY FALLS FOUL OF THIS RULE WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cabonuba

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17576

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Cape Verde where the Rainbow ends....
…again, are you going to contribute anything here ? OR, just in here, as in all other threads, to take things off topic ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17578

• Andy66
  • Platinum Boarder
Buckie

Again a bit rich from you talking about people taking things off topic.

My last post on here was pointing out yet again that you join in on every thread on every topic, despite never having bought a property in Cape Verde.

Your advice is nearly always incorrect and you constantly contradict yourself and post incorrect facts. I feel it is important to point that out to people.

It was you who brought the RIU into it saying that you weren't sure if they would close it down or upgrade it to 5 star. I gave my opinion on that, I do not think they will close it down and it will never be made into a 5 star. It will remain a 3 star standard, as that is the brand of RIU that it falls into and it will continue to offer cheap and cheerful all inclusive Butlins style holidays.

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17579

LOOK BOYS STOP THE BITCHING ITS REALLY BECOME TIRESOME.
THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS I DONT USE THE FORUM MUCH AND I WOULD IMAGINE THERE IS MORE LIKE ME.SO PLEASE PACK IT IN.THE SAD THING IS YOU BOTH HAVE SO MUCH TO OFFER THIS FORUM.
AND LETS KEEP THE THREADS ABOUT CABONUBA AND CABONUBA ONLY. JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17580

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Cape Verde where the Rainbow ends....
Your simply in here to portray your view as the right one ! Nothing else… you have contributed nothing in all the years you have been in here !

You now say in relation to the RIU; and I quote “I do not think they will close it down and it will never be made into a 5 star” I presume you have that in writing ? or is that your view or opinion ? If so, your saying my view or opinion is wrong and yours is right ! So what makes you think you know better than me ?

I’ll also correct you with a FACT with the RIU shall I….
The RIU is a 4 star Hotel FACT, Or again have you got that too in writing ? You seem to be getting confused with the rating of Vila Verde again a proven FACT VV is 3 star plus !

So I ask again, are you going to contribute to this thread, entitled Cabonuba ? Or as you’ve done throughout your time in here lately, disrupt all and every post ? If you can’t have the decency to go back to your own forum, as YOU are the reason people less frequent here simply because you cause arguments and contribute nothing !!! People can't follow threads/Posts with the arguments, can't you see that ?

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17581

This message is for Owen.

Thanks for your post. Shame you parted with 1000euros. I wouldnt hand another penny over to CV solicitors as I do not trust them. They have done absoutely nothing to help us. My Spanish lawyer now deals with everything for me. He is at the end of a phone when I need to speak to him,he responded to emails, and as his client, he has done what I have asked him to do. Whether there is a favourable outcome remains to be seen.

Thanks Owen

where are you at now? Has a case been lodged anywhere against the developers that you know of?

This message is for others:
Please stay off this thread unless you have any meaningful info about Cabonuba. This is why people have turned away form this site. Too much childhood bickering on it. I dont have time for it, and now when I need real help, my fellow Cabonuba investors are nowhere to be seen.

thank you.

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17582

• hacker
  • Platinum Boarder
The rooms at the Riu are of a 2 star standard, not sure how they come to the conclusion that it's a 4 star hotel. I very nearly invested in Cabonuba, instead I chose Vila Verde, phew!!!!!!

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17583

• Andy66
  • Platinum Boarder
Buckie

I didn't feel compelled to post on this thread as it is about a development that I have no involvement with.

You however did, as you do with absolutely every other development and every other thread.

I posted on here after you as I could see that once again your advice on here and facts were incorrect and I don't think that is helpful to the genuine owners looking for help.

You will never stop yourself as you are a Cape Verde forum obsessive. People who are incolved with developments and lawyers and who are in the thick of things will know just how bad your advice is, and I will continue to point that out if I need to.

For you it's just a game, it's not your money, it's something to fill your sad life, but for others like myself and Chrissie, while we have differing situations, we have put money into Cape Verde for our properties and want the best possible outcome in the circumstances that we're in.

You misleading people for your own thrill is not going to help them reach that objective.

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17585

HI CHRISSIE
I GOT MY MONEY BACK,BUT IT LAY WIYH THE LAWYER FOR OVER A YEAR I THINK.
I ALSO BOUGHT IN SPAIN IN 2007 AND HAD TO GO TO COURT WITH THAT PROPERTY AS WELL,WHO WOULD HAVE BELIEVED IT,BUT WITH A TOTALY DIFFERENT OUT COME.I RECIEVED VITUALLY ALL MY MONEY BACK AND THE EXCHANGE RATE HELPED A BIT,AND MY LAWYER WAS FIRST CLASS KEPT ME UP TO SPEED ON THE CASE SO IT GOES TO SHOW YOU DO GET GOOD LAWYERS BUT POSSIBLY NOT IN C.V
AT THE MOMENT I AM AWAITING MY LAWYER CONTACTING ME WITH MORE INFO ON A GROUP ACTION COURT CASE.
BUT TO BE HONEST IM NOT TO SURE WHATS HAPPENING

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17586

• hacker
  • Platinum Boarder
I've had dealings with lawyers in Cape Verde, they're hopeless, don't waste your money.

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17588

Gosh..........u have had a tough time. But congrats on your outcome from the Spanish property. How did you do that? Is there any strategies that we can apply to Cabonuba?
chrissie

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17591

Thanks for this. I am a member of mri-sg and have posted on there also.
Chrissie

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17592

I THINK THE FACT THAT SPAINS LEGAL SYSTEM IS MORE RELIABLE THAN CV S AND THE FACT THE DEVELOPER POLARIS WORLD WAS STILL TRADING,WAS A BIG FACTOR.

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 2 months ago #17611

Hi Karen

Agree regarding the Spanish Legal system. With CV, they do not have the experience, and beyond that, I feel they were in the developers back pocket all along. well done to you for getting your money back. Such a shame you got scammed in CV like many of us. but hey, lets stay positive. where there if life there is hope!!! My lawyer is on holiday at the moment (had a meeting with another lawyer in marbella regarding our case!!) so I will get more info from him in the next couple of weeks.

I dont want to discuss details openly on this Forum as I am sure Mr McA has his eye on the ball!! You can email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can pick this up in more detail.

thanks
xx

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 1 month ago #17777

• scoops
  • Junior Boarder
To ChrissieA: Wow, 2am in the morning and I just happened to log in to see if there was any news on Cabonuba.

Yes, I was (am?) an investor who lost everything. Now in 3rd year off work due to depression. :S

I gave up on suing anyone years ago. Carla was as much use as a fart in a spacesuit. Alexandra Pereira and co., who I would have thought we paid to look after our interests in the transaction, seem to have abandoned any pretence. I thought I could sue McA over furniture and after-sales non-service, but no doubt they can afford better lawyers, and kept inviting me to 'seminars' to sell Portuguese property they couldn't unload after the property crash. :angry:

If anyone has any positive news, or a group I could join, please contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 1 month ago #17778

HI SCOOPS
THERE ARE PLENTY OF US OUT THERE BUT WHERE IS ANOTHER QUESTION.THERE WAS A CV ACTION GROUP BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO IT.MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWS.ALL I CAN SAY IS DONT LET THE B_____S GET YOU DOWN ANYMORE ITS BAD ENOUGH THEM TAKING YOUR MONEY BUT DONT LET THEM TAKE YOUR HEALTH.

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 1 month ago #17780

• tazsnag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
scoops, dont give up,there is good group of people on the MRI.SG forum that have mclies on the run,and he knows it.

Carla tried to get 2k out of me last year to take tecncil to court,glad i didnt fall for it.

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 1 month ago #17781

Hi Scoops
This has been the most horrendous few years, but you are not alone, even though it feels like it at times. The CV lawyers will not help: A: Because they dont want to B; Because they dont know how to C; they seem to have MRI and the developers interests above ours, their clients!!!

Whilst I have had no dealings with Carla, I know others who have. Waste of time.

I have retained a Lawyer in Spain who has done very well for me. I wont go into all the details here.

The CV action group seemed to fizzle and die, but there is another group: Take a look at the posts at:
www.mri-sg.org/forum/index.php/topic,73.0.html

the news that I was making progress did not go down too well with them!!! but each to their own!!!

Karen is right. Dont let the B****** grind you down. that is how this guy gets away with it. he preys on peoples emotions and weaknesses and leaves them high and dry. But the net is closing on him. I have had my share of tears and frustrations over all of this,as we all have, but then I got ANGRY. And the anger has kept me strong, and we will see this through!! You gave MRI your money, but dont give them anything else. Not your health, and certainly not your happiness.

So come on, lets hope I can help in putting a smile back on your face!! I am going to email you with some info, and we can take it from there. karen, you too if you wish to let me have your email. Cant go into detail here as we never know who is watching!!

Best wishes and ever onwards!!!!

Love

Chrissie
x

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 1 month ago #17784

• scoops
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for the kind words folks. Much appreciated. :)
Anything I can do to help you move things forward I will do.

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 1 month ago #17949

Hi Chrissie
please can you pass on any info re:Cabo Nuba bought there in 2007
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
will be apreciated as I have not heard anything of note over the last 3 years apart from lawyers asking for money!
regards
Alfie

Re:Cabonuba 6 years 1 week ago #18284

Chrissie
Please get in touch my email address was hacked and Iv had to change it pls emailme at
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. re Cabo Nuba
Thanks
Alfie :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds