Thursday, 13 December 2018

WARNING: Forum Usage

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE HAVE NOTICED A NUMBER OF POSTS WHICH ARE NOT CONSTRUCTIVE AND ARE DETRACTING FROM THE USEFULLNESS OF THIS FORUM.  THIS WEBSITE FORUM IS INTENDED TO BE FOR CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION ABOUT CAPE VERDE.

IN THE INTERESTS OF ALL OF OUR COMMUNITY, POSTS WILL NOW BE ACTIVELY MONITORED AND ANY POSTS WHICH ARE CONSIDERED UNSUITABLE WILL BE DELETED.  ANY USER WHICH FREQUENTLY FALLS FOUL OF THIS RULE WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: european advisory service villa verde

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13842

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Cape Verde where the Rainbow ends....
Nico, Why not go for double your money back ?

After all that's what you’re entitled too as per contract, and since EAS don't muck about, they give them so much time then proceed to arbitration, why not go for Double your Money back ? I'm sure Tecnicil wouldn't hesitate !

After all, it's you either win or lose, and if I was going to win, and spent all this money and time on this I'd want the maximum I could get !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13843

• andrew h
  • Platinum Boarder
  • we're not really here
buckie,
he's just another mri infiltrator isn't he? touting for a scam any way he can. don't be taken in i think
regards
andrew h

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13844

• moparftw
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Nico,

What was the timescale involved for your brother in laws money back?
Have EAS told you they are going for money back against Tecnicil?
When they contacted me I was told they would be going for money back from MRI and A&M, then Tecnicil has a last resort, they said all 3 were liable,
The costs involved with EAS were on a scale, depending what you paid them up front, the more you paid the lower the percentage, they could not offer a no win no fee as this is illegal through the foreign courts apparently, the lowest up front payment they could take was 51% of fees for a 20% return to them winding down to 100% fees, 10% to them.
I have thought about using them because at least they seem to be trying to get stuff done.
Tecnicil still havent got back regarding a downsize, despite a few reminders from myself, apparently they forgot they were looking into it.
A&M have gone quiet again, one minute chasing money saying arbitration is imminent, the next nothing, but looking back I had exactly the same from them in January.
Keep us updated Nico and G12, I am interested in how you get on.

Cheers

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13848

• g12
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi guys
i'm so relieved to hear from nico. so far i've been the only one using EAS. after i saw nico's post yesterday i was straight on the phone to EAS.
the feedback is that when they first got in touch with us lot they had no lawyer in CV and, as we had all been with MRI, they were going after them for misselling.
they have since got a CV lawyer who has never been involved with tecnicil.
here's where it gets confusing.
apparently it's all to do with the contract and whether or not we had the original contract with MRI when we paid our holding fee. if we do, we also have the chance to go after MRI for misselling etc.
the main course of action though is using the developers contract and going after them.
EAS have said very clearly that every case involving a lawyer is a series of negotiations - right up until your day in court.
yes the contract says double your money back. yes that is the law in CV.
but i'm with nico on this. if i could get my money back and legal fees quickly i'd take that option.
EAS also said that for some people a negotiation will involve continuing with the purchase but at a massively discounted rate - which i had never considered as i just want out now.
they explained this very well by saying our situation was like a battle - us against tecnicil. with A&M we have a spy in our ranks. change lawyer and you've got fresh troops and they loose a major advantage. but the battle still has to be fought and tenicil has the money and the property and we have the law. so we fight and see who gives away what until both sides agree they can live with what they've got. (they put it a lot better than that but you get the gist)
my decision to take an offer on the table doesn't affect what any of you hold out for so why get annoyed if someone settles for less than double?
if i was loaded i might say - go for it. take as long as you like but get me every last cent. but, like most of us, i'm financially comfortable but not rich so i could definately use my money back in the near future.
as far as fees go, EAS said they interviewd a few layers there and they all seem to work on roughly 5% of the claim up front. as there are so few of them i guess they can take advantage of that.
none of us like lawyers - i think that's pretty much universal - but we need the *astar#s right now so we don't have a choice.
i would also like to know nico, how long it took for your brother in law to get his money back if it's ok to tell us that?

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13849

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
MOP think hard about changing Solicitors, it's expensive !!

I think I'm getting the gest of this now !!!

You’re paying an agency to hire a lawyer to get your money back ! Which can only end up more expensive !

Take WIN Solicitors (advertised on TV for car accident claims), they too hire Solicitors and that bumps up the bill, who, the insurance have to pay....knock on affect ect….

G12, your comment
"so why get annoyed if someone settles for less than double?" No one is getting annoyed ! I was replying to Nico comment "My B-in-L cannot discuss the terms of settlement but I can! (joking - he'll kill me) i do know he got his money back, fees and interest but definitely not double his deposit" the definitely not double money back bit !! I was merely pointing out you are entitled to double your money back.

The fact of the matter is, if arbitration goes ahead before VV is open and Tecnicil get some money coming in, they will go bust if they had to pay everyone their money back. The, you can't get blood out of a stone thing springs to mind. Having said that, that’s Tecnicils problem not buyers/investors !

The Courts realise this too so on the quiet they are allowing Tecnicil a little more time to open. The last thing CV needs is a snowball effect with developers; it would simply ruin CV prospects.

The only ones who have had their money back are the ones with the very first contract !!! There was no FM mentioned in the contract at all.

The first ones to get their money back will be with NDR, or A&M, in my opinion, as they have no Agents to work with and are dealing direct with Tecnicil.

Having a New firm on the block will only mean they will hit the same obstacle (Tecnicil, and the Courts) any other Solicitors are hitting.

The Banks and Government are very closely nit in CV and what they say goes !!!!

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13856

• g12
  • Fresh Boarder
hi Buckie
i hear what you're saying but i'm happy so far with EAS and if it does end up costing me a bit more then - after my experience with A&M - it's worth it to have someone contactable.
frankly, the whole thing has worn me out. dealing with A&M is like wading through treacle. i'm no spring chicken and if i can leave everything to someone else to get me updates and organise paperwork etc. then that's fine by me.
let's not knock 'em too much until we've tried 'em!

we have a legal right to double our money.

it's in CVs interests to drag out cases as long as possible and encourage less drastic settlements.

there is a legal process to be gone through and i'm happier doing it through a lawyer that works for me rather than other 'interested' [parties).
that being said, as it seems MRI and A&M have fallen out there's no reason why you can't stick with them.
that's down to individual choice and i'm excercising mine by using someone else.

at the end of the day we are all travelling the same road. i hope we all reach the destination that we want.

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13857

• hacker
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi mops,

Who is dealing with your downsize?
I have found Nuno to be pro-active, couldn't get anywhere with Iain.

Drop me an email, think i've lost yours.

Cheers

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13858

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
G12, I'm not saying don't use EAS, or anyone else for that matter, you use whoever you feel you are comfortable with. What I'm trying to say is, regardless of who you use, you will come up against the same problems that all Solicitors come up against. CV System, and the lack of enthusiasm to resolve those issues until this credit crunch is over. So until EAS prove themselves, I'd not be tempting people to jump ship, after all most have paid lots of money over already. So in all, I hope EAS do what you say and show they are better than those Solicitors in CV now.

NDR are renowned for their services throughout Europe, yet in CV they hit a brick wall, stopped dead like everyone else.

The government are not going to let any CV developer go to the wall, and flood the place with very cheap properties causing a land slide. This would have a devastating effect on CV future and the work that’s been done so far.

All developments will be built, some by other developers than who you signed up with but they all will be built, the government will see to that !

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13860

• nico 10
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello again
Andrew H - if that comment was directed at me I am neither a 'he' nor a person who works for mri.
why would mri infiltrate this website now anyway? they seem to be long gone from CV.
no wonder it seems to be the same people always posting. if anyone says anything you don't agree with - however nicely put - they are hit with nasty comments. perhaps it's because it appears to be a very male-dominated website.
i saw this website when researching EAS and thought i'd add a bit of a positive comment as i actually know first-hand that people can recover their deposits. what they settle for is no-one's business but theirs. I also see that Andrew h has been doing his own negotiations and settlement for a larger apartment so why have a go at anyone else doing it?
but if certain members just wan't to take cheap shots at those of us trying something different then you can get on with it without me.
in answer to your question: i think it took my B-in-L best part of a year to settle - possibly a bit more.
I am using EAS as i lost my husband last year and i'm really not up to chasing lawyers up or flying all that way to see what's going on. i know full well the process will not be any faster as EAS have made that clear and they are on board to help me at my end and the lawyer does his job in the same way he would do it for you.
the lawyer's fees seem to the same as when my B-in-L used him but if i do pay a bit extra in the end then it's worth it for me as EAS will do all the running around. that's my choice to do it, i wasn't stupid as i knew of the lawyer before i went ahead and so far i'm perfectly happy.
yes, CV is slow, the authorities seem to be obstructive and the lawyers expensive and slow to respond to their clients. i know someone who went through it and nothing has changed since then. i agree with you all on that point.
but we are all different and i will be happy just to get my money back with interest and my legal fees to get out of this mess. i do not want a holiday home i began to buy with my husband and would now have to go to without him or sell. i just want rid so don't blame me for that or how i choose to go about achieving that!!!
good luck to you all - even you andrew

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13861

• andrew h
  • Platinum Boarder
  • we're not really here
nico,
you seem genuine after all, therefore please accept my apologies. i am sure you understand why some of us on here might be more than a little suspicious of new posters coming on here advertising other companies that may have been spawned by mri! i hope you get all that you are asking for. i would have thought even tecnicil might have been more understanding about your own situation, that's awful.i suppose it does show what type of company we are dealing with here. again it begs the question, can we trust them to run it? we all know the answer to that now.
best of luck again nico
regards
andrew h

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13862

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
Nico you could have simply asked your Solicitor to write to Tecnicil stating your personal circumstances. It's documented in here....

I know a few others who are in your very situation and I'm told Tecnicil have been very understanding about it. I've not heard from them for some time now so assume they have been given a full refund under those circumstances.

I'm sure you can see why people react to someone basically telling others to ditch their Solicitors and sing up with a NEW one, who are as pointed out, AGENTS Only....and will cost you more, on top of what you have already paid.

After all, they are an un-proven firm, as of yet.....

Who is the Solicitor they use in CV ?
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Buckie.

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13863

• tazsnag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
nico . ive spoken to EAS and they seem above board ,
only time will tell , with vista capital still fresh in our minds and mri,how can we trust anyone.
i know a few people using EAS and they are happy with them,so far so good

you can be sure mri keeps a watch on the forums ,i know from experience ,ive had treating email,s .and they being known to use Charter Ruck ,to keep the truth getting out,and they are not very nice ,

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13866

• g12
  • Fresh Boarder
Nico
thanks for answering our question. sorry you feel put off from using this forum. i would like to stay in touch with others using EAS as they are a new service and not tried and tested.

you regular guys are a bit intimidating when newbies first start off. i read posts on this site for quite a while before having a go myself.
what you also need to understand is that - just as you come accross a bit defensive about staying with A&M on the basis that you've paid them loads already, remember we have paid EAS so we are looking for positive stuff, i guess, so it feels like we made a good choice. no one wants to be told they've made a mistake!

i have made the point that EAS made to me that CV is an unusual case in that you will probably get more out of A&M now that they've fallen out with MRI so by all means stick with them - their words, not mine!

EAS and mri are in spain and they are currently involved ina big class action against mri and their spanish lawyers so they know a lot about them. i've learned quite a bit from them. apperently, in all other countries where mri have sold, the lawyer is well and truly in mri's pocket.

standard advice anywhere is to use a lawyer NOT recommended by an interested party - we must all see the common sense in that! i just wish i'd been savvy enough to think of that in the beginning but mri seemed so trustworthy...mmm hindsight makes genuises of us all!

the woman i deal with at EAS said that they have had to move office because of threats. i beleive that you are right about mri checking all the forums. i would put nothing past them.
the lawyer they use in CV is a Mr L Cruz. he's not in a big firm as i understand but he is independent of all the tecnicil mri goings on.
hope this is helpful.

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13867

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
G12, I'm not saying you’re wrong about EAS. What I was saying is you, or anyone else can't just make an assumption and tell everyone to change Solicitors, especially when they have spent a lot of money to begin with on their current Solicitor, that’s all.

EAS may well be great, and time will tell, but I fear they will come up against the same problems as NDR, who are not involved with MRI or Tecnicil either.

Most people in here have had years of being let down by their Solicitor, I myself have called them worse than shite, but it's the system out there and the government, so I can't see a new Solicitor on the block doing what others can't do. I'd love to see them as something has to happen out there with the way things are dealt with. No one is wrong with their choice of Solicitor as they all appear to be stuck at the same point.

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 2 months ago #13870

• tazsnag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
g12,nico.If you join www.mri-sg.org/forum/index.php?topic=2125.0 theres likemided people on it ,you could speak with ,who are using EAS

Theres a class action againt mri for the furniture con ,and they have being able to get quite a few MPs to support Sammy Wilson ,in a debate coming up in
parliament soon.
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds