Tuesday, 25 September 2018

WARNING: Forum Usage

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE HAVE NOTICED A NUMBER OF POSTS WHICH ARE NOT CONSTRUCTIVE AND ARE DETRACTING FROM THE USEFULLNESS OF THIS FORUM.  THIS WEBSITE FORUM IS INTENDED TO BE FOR CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION ABOUT CAPE VERDE.

IN THE INTERESTS OF ALL OF OUR COMMUNITY, POSTS WILL NOW BE ACTIVELY MONITORED AND ANY POSTS WHICH ARE CONSIDERED UNSUITABLE WILL BE DELETED.  ANY USER WHICH FREQUENTLY FALLS FOUL OF THIS RULE WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: european advisory service villa verde

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 1 month ago #13670

• andrew h
  • Platinum Boarder
  • we're not really here
buckie,
all being well we should end up slightly better off, due to the larger apartment. the way i see it, it should suit all parties, as we don't have anything left to pay, and tecnicil don't have to pay us any compensation. it's just a question of waiting. i understand that we are at the back of the completions queue now, as they won't gain any funds from us! but hey! we've waited this long, another few months won't hurt. it has gone much quieter on the forums hasn't it?
regards
andrew h
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 1 month ago #13671

• moparftw
  • Gold Boarder
Nothing really sorted, a few downsize offers at 2006 prices which is when I bought, I think a fair deal for both but is it just time wasting??
A&M hot on my heals for arbitration payment now too, and I still dont know which would be more likely to happen first.
Its funny really, waiting for both for what feels like forever, then both start replying at the same time, you really couldnt make this stuff up!! and the cheeky gits at A&M mark their mail 'urgent', does that mean their urgency? If so i will pay them next year...maybe

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 1 month ago #13673

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Cape Verde where the Rainbow ends....
Andrew, I think just about everything’s been said about VV including the yet to come management company, plus everyone’s sick of waiting and want it completed.

Big decision Mop M8, do what you think best m8 !

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 1 month ago #13674

Andrew,Mops
I truly hope all things work out for you both!

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 1 month ago #13676

• moparftw
  • Gold Boarder
I'm sure it will Charles, it's just how long is a piece of string?
Buckie, seeing how long Andrew has had to wait I don't think my wife's patience will last that much longer, so unfortunately or fortunately , who knows, it looks like A&M will be getting their payment and we won't be getting our place in the sun yet.

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 1 month ago #13678

• mark1903
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

New to this forum! Myself and my dad both bought a one bedroom apartment in VV. We have been offered to both buy one and not pay anymore.

Is this similar to what other people have been offered, or were you offered a two bedroom apartment?

Thanks!

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 1 month ago #13681

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
Mop M8, be sure to TELL A&M that you want all your expenses BACK.....

This is not your fault and you should not have to pay out, this is not a disagreement, FM may have been a disagreement, this is a simple matter of asking what the contract says you’re entitled too.

I'd be sticking to it like glue, ie double money back, interest, and expenses, after all though this stressful time, they have had a wage packet each week while they dragged this out

good luck M8, just think when it's all over you can buy a finished property, the dreams still there.....

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 1 month ago #13684

• moparftw
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Mark,

To me that seems fair enough, you get something for your money, no gambling in court, and at the price agreed when you bought. Everyones a winner. As long as Tecnicil stick to the agreement and get it sorted for you sooner rather than later.
I had bought a 3rd floor 2 bed and Tecnicil offered me a 3rd floor studio as a swap.
Iain and Nuno seem to be doing a good job in negotiating but Tecnicil still seem to be on a go slow where anything else is concerned, they dont seem to want to complete on properties or even complete the complex.

Regards Andy

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 1 month ago #13686

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
Mop I thought Iain and Nuno were "Tecnicil" or their top dog's ! I've seen mails from the two, over a year or so period, on different subjects, and it seems Finance, Sub Contractors, Board, and Resort Management don't make them privy to any information, or meetings they have. (When replying to buyers email) So I'm wondering what on earth they do ? are they only there to feed you crap ? All they ever say is, I'll keep pushing, or I'll remind them !

This final few months is going to push into next year if there not careful.

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 4 weeks ago #13707

• g12
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi guys
Bit scared to stick my neck out again but I've had a bit more time to go through various posts on the site and it looks as if a lot of you are still using A&M. My advice from European Advisory Service was if you don't use our lawyer use any lawyer that was NOT recommended by MRI and to get in writing that the lawyer had nothing to do with tecnicil. why are you guys still using A&M?
On the subject of MRI I have been advised that their offers to switch properties to one of theirs in portugal would NOT get me out of my CV one as my contract is with Tecnicil and they would have every right to sue - not withstanding the matter of their lateness in completing of course - but switching could open a massive can of worms as I understand it.
Have you all been offered a switch by MRI? Are they dumping their partnership with tecnicil as it looks like to me?
:S

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 4 weeks ago #13708

• mab
  • Expert Boarder
MRI have left Sal owing the Cape Verde taxman a lot of money. The authorities were selling off some recovered office fixtures they left

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 3 weeks ago #13709

• tazsnag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
g12 ,the reason mri want you to change ,is not they are worried about you ,or you investment in CV ,they just want to fleese another 6/7 k out of you,they have done nothing but lie,from day 1 ,and caused a lot of misery to a lot of trusting people,and the quieter they are banged the the better,

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 3 weeks ago #13718

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 3 weeks ago #13731

• moparftw
  • Gold Boarder
Hi G12,

Yes MRI have probably offered everyone ' the get out of CV deal ' , well evryone that trusted them enough to go to their meeting.
I myself attended a meeting and was offered a place in Florida, on leaving the meeting and checking the site direct I discovered the ' reduced price allowing for the return of my CV monies ' was actually considerably more than buying direct via internet, but MRI were supposedly helping me out !!

As for Amado & Medina, although reccomended by MRI I dont THINK they have any other links other than probably paying them commission, and with Sal being such a small place ALL of the solicitors and builders are probably related in some way.
A&M, although slow, are established and well known within CV, I think all the solicitors are struggling to get to arbitration, although A&M have said the date is very soon!!

How are you getting on with EAS?
I did have contact from them but did not trust them enough to pay them, decided to rough it out with A&M and Tecnicil, it will be interesting to see who gets anything sorted first.

Regards Andy

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 3 weeks ago #13732

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Mop, mentioned a while ago, No Arbitrations before Resort opens....I think it's so they can get the monies in for Service charges, resort fee's ect so they can then make an offer ! Just as you go to Arbitration, so it may still cost you...hummmm, but as said a good Solicitor should be able to get Interest and all costs back.

Having a relaxing day.....

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 3 weeks ago #13741

• g12
  • Fresh Boarder
hi Andy
I've got to say that so far EAS have been good - very helpful and quick to respond to emails and calls.
i've grilled them a fair bit on the procedure as there is a lot of stuff on the net trying to put people off claiming back their deposits.
they also seem to have some sympathy for tecnicil - only in that mri have left them high and dry and the situation has had a huge financial impact on the islands. i don't think they like mri much.
but lawyers being lawyers they have the clients needs first and i want my deposit back as per my contract. if i'd breached my contract i wonder how much sympathy i would have had from tecnicil?

i was also told that out of a large number of mri people who bought in CV (and i was surprised that they admitted this because they are rival lawyers) that quite a few have had money back via out of court settlements - some even through A&M (i think it hurt them to admit that - altho they said feedback was that A&M are very slow).

i've also been told that settlements are being kept very quite and if my case settles i can't discuss the details with anyone - or i can be sued!
there's always a catch!

EAS didn't say it directly but i get the impression that A&M take their clients for granted. people who threaten to take their business elsewhere suddenly seem to get some service? i've switched so it doesn't affect me but i wonder what would happen if you guys tried it?

i've never read this anywhere but it's just a thought - shouldn't a big company like tecnicil have some sort of insurance cover for a situation like this? i almost feel guilty for wanting my money back! almost...

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 3 weeks ago #13742

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
G12, what’s EAS charging ? as opposed to CV solicitors !....

Regarding MRI leaving them high and dry, did Tecnicil pay MRI? as they seem to have allowed them to tell everyone to jump ship ! I very much doubt that ANY MRI client has had their money back too, as they won't even give clients who paid for the After Sales, that never got it ! or the Furniture, so legally they had to give that back, but not the deposit ?

Those who have had money back were indeed those with the very first type contract, the one that didn't even have on FM ! It basically had a completion date on it. Furthermore, by EAS using their cases, you should get your money back in months.....

Tecnicil did have an insurance policy, but it was for if the development didn't start.

I'm not questioning you, it's just starting to sound like they are no better than any CV Solicitor ! As Solicitors tend not to call other Solicitors well at least until they have done what they are calling other Solicitors for not doing ! In all !
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Buckie.

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 3 weeks ago #13745

• g12
  • Fresh Boarder
hi buckie
i wish i was a solicitor! the solicitor is on 150 p/h but i have an agreement with EAS that no matter how long it takes costs cannot exceed 10% of my claim. they are also recoverable which might be why tecnicil are settling out of court as the longer they drag cases out the more they have to pay. of course, dragging things out also justifies soliciors costs too!
believe me mate, i'm not defending A&M - they have done *uck all for me. i'm just passing on what i've heard.
it's early days for my case so we'll see but the big dofference between eas and A&M is the contactibility. i guess they have more clout with their lawyer as they are giving him a lot of cases - a bit like MRI and A&M - exept i'm the one who benefits this time.
as i say, early days mate. i'll keep you posted.
sorry if some of my questions are a bit obvious to you guys. i like to chack stuff eas have told me with other peoples experience as i'm still a bit nervous forking out more money. then again, it would have gone on A&M so...

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 3 weeks ago #13746

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for that G12, Where on earth has this % of your claim costs come from. 've never heard of that before, yes no win no fee, but how Solicitors seem to do business (all solicitors) is just make fee's up as they go along, no set hourly rate, and no itemised bill....

You hit the nail on the head, the most securing thing is communication, as long as thats happening you at least feel your in the picture. I think all solicitors in CV need a good kick up the backside, as their service is no existent.....

As with everyone, good luck and hope it's a speedy operation now ......

Re:european advisory service villa verde 8 years 1 week ago #13841

• nico 10
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everyone
i'm new to this but I have experience with EAS. They contacted me as before and i almost didn't use them as I saw some very negative stuff on another forum about them. I won't name the forum as I wouldn't give them the publicity - turns out they are very MRI-friendly and have an onsite lawyer.

Anyway, I gave EAS another chance as I had been VERY rude to them after reading the other forum and when they gave me the lawyer's details in CV it was the same lawyer my brother-in-law had used to recover his deposit so I knew he was a real lawyer.

My B-in-L cannot discuss the terms of settlement but I can! (joking - he'll kill me) i do know he got his money back, fees and interest but definately not double his deposit.

I decided to go through EAS as the lawyer is a nightmare to get hold of and his English is so so. Also, it hasn't cost anymore as they do all the groundwork and i haven't got to go to CV like my B-in-L did. EAS are great for contactability as G 12 said and they explain things well. I always felt i was too much trouble for A&M.

Is G 12 sure of the costs? I've been told an absolute maximum of 10% if it goes to court and they appeal. the normal course is to issue letters giving them a short period to respond - then apply for arbitration with a court date filed as soon as they start to muck around with the arbitration process (their MO apparently).

I've been lead to believe that if I am flexible on settlement it won't cost anywhere near that and i'll recover my costs. I don't know about you but i'll be happy enough to get my deposit and fees back - i never expected to make money on the outcome and i don't think it's worth years of litigation to try and get it.

My B-in-L was advised to do the same and it worked for him and he's now out of the game as far as CV goes. I wish i'd done it with him but at the time i was scared to leave A&M as i'd already paid them so much. if i'm honest - and he knows this - i also wanted him to be the guinea pig so i could see what happened.

my advice: change lawyer, get one that speaks good english or try EAS and DON'T expect double your money as well as fees back - it'll take you forever!

I know there are lots of people wobbly about EAS - G12 amongst them - so I'll keep you updated as I go along. I can't name the lawyer in case i tread on toes but he hasn't been mentioned on this site yet - and there aren't that many of them in CV anyway so feel free to guess.

Good luck to all of us!
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds