Wednesday, 18 July 2018

WARNING: Forum Usage

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE HAVE NOTICED A NUMBER OF POSTS WHICH ARE NOT CONSTRUCTIVE AND ARE DETRACTING FROM THE USEFULLNESS OF THIS FORUM.  THIS WEBSITE FORUM IS INTENDED TO BE FOR CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION ABOUT CAPE VERDE.

IN THE INTERESTS OF ALL OF OUR COMMUNITY, POSTS WILL NOW BE ACTIVELY MONITORED AND ANY POSTS WHICH ARE CONSIDERED UNSUITABLE WILL BE DELETED.  ANY USER WHICH FREQUENTLY FALLS FOUL OF THIS RULE WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: homes from hell

homes from hell 8 years 2 weeks ago #13436

HI ALL
I WATCHED HOLIDAY HOMES FROM HELL LAST NIGHT.
AT THE END OF THE PROGRAME THEY ASKED YOU TO CONTACT THEM
IF YOU HAD ANY STORIES AND GAVE AN EMAIL ADRESS TO CONTACT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I EMAILED THEM TO TELL OF MY SITUATION I SUGGEST EVERYBODY
SHOULD CONTACT THEM AND WE MIGHT GET SOME MEDIA COVERAGE OF
OUR PLIGHT,AT WORST OR FOREWORN ANY FUTURE INVESTOR
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:homes from hell 8 years 1 week ago #13459

Hi Karen
Just sent them an email
best regards

Re:homes from hell 8 years 1 week ago #13461

• dougal47
  • Junior Boarder
I think this is very dangerous road you are taking, as all of us in Phase 1 have our apartments built and most nearly finished, these people who were on the programme Homes from Hell have nothing to show for all the monies they deposited with a CONMAN in Cyprus and Dubai. I have had my difficulties with Tecnicil and nearly all are now resolved I do not think Tecnicil are in the same league as that CONMAN, as they are backed by the Cape Verde Government who have Ministers on their board and a Portugese bank, OK so things have been delayed I feel this is a result of funding from the banks due the world recession which is not Tecnicils fault. I feel if you go down this road you would jeopardize most investers investmnnt.

Re:homes from hell 8 years 1 week ago #13463

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Cape Verde where the Rainbow ends....
Dougal, it's not necessarily VV that some may want to bring to light. It's the developments that are simply not going ahead now, or the developer has ran off with everyone’s money. Even VV has caused problems for quite a few investors because of the time the development has taken. ie, Everyone had mortgages arranged and if the development had finished on time, they would have completed with that same mortgage. But because of the delays caused by Tecnicil management, some can't get a mortgage now with the credit crunch so can't complete. Furthermore, if Tecnicil had stuck to the contract and given those buyers their money back, because of the delays, VV would not be in the position it is in now.

True going down this route will cause problems for ALL developments on CV, but if investors had been treat better from the start, this may not have got to the position buyers are now finding themselves in now. CV developers have brought this on themselves, as where has all the money gone ?

For personal reasons I would like to see CV on Holiday home from Hell

Re:homes from hell 8 years 1 week ago #13465

dougal this was posted on the cabonuba forum
where we all have been stitched up.we have nothing to
show for our cash so i want the whole world to know.
if it stops even just one more person getting stung
the way we have then good.

Re:homes from hell 8 years 1 week ago #13468

Karen
I think you are totally correct,devide and rule comes to mind,instead of fighting amongest ourselves and showing a united front,we allow ourselves to be abused.
Anyone who feels they have not been abuse,speak now.
Is everyone just going to accept everything that's dealt.
I could go on,but choose not to.This is an absolute farce, would you put up this at home,I think not.

Re:homes from hell 8 years 1 week ago #13469

Dougal

The problem is its not your problem!so you would like to keep a lid on it to protect developments that are crawling along years late.
We have not heard from the developer for over a year!building stopped in 2008.
ONE email was sent promising works to restart....thats it.
Most investors on Cabo Nuba are 75000 Euros out of pocket with the developer having disappeared to Spain.
There would be no need to be contacting Homes from Hell if all were rosy
You are protecting your investment and don't give a damn about other developments in CV.
Its been said time after time the government should have stepped in LONG AGO to protect investors as this is future development for their Country creating opportunities.
Its time for transperency across all levels from developers all the way up to the government for allowing this to continue.we are talking peoples life savings here not a few pennies.
A few cages need to be rattled and EXPOSED including VV the so called flagship development that has government backing and is sill yet to open!

Re:homes from hell 8 years 1 week ago #13470

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
The problem is an old one, if it doesn't affect you, don't support it, or try and trash the post or poster. This has in many ways back fired as more attention is then drawn to the post. God knows, or how many times I've been abused/slagged off for basically saying the same, and bringing those problems to light.

I've repeatedly asked that investors to form an Owners group, on all developments, yet today, 2-3 years on there’s still NONE ! The Owners groups is to voice an ALL TOGETHER approach for the good of YOUR development, yet some think it may rock the boat, make things worse, there not looking at the bigger picture. In Spain, this has worked wonders for small developments now free from money grabbing developments where incomes were less than charges imposed by developers. Yet some would rather put up with that than join a group thinking it'll never happen. LOOK around you it is.....

One person voicing his concern to the Mayor or government in CV or here in the UK pulls no weight, yet an Owners group certainly would...YOU NEED THE NUMBERS

The whole system is flawed from top to bottom and only by everyone sticking together will it change. Solicitors are stopped dead by developers simply not replying to a letter, CV Law itself is on hold until developers decide to act on it, simply put, the developers have a free reign to do whatever they like, even shutting up shop and disappearing with everyone’s money then returning enquiring to buy another plot to start another development ! With officials having full knowledge what has happened on the first development, WHY.

Nothing is going to change unless EVERYONE sticks together, and starts asking WHERE HAS ALL THE MONEY GONE !!!!

Holiday Homes from Hell will cause lots of problems for future developments and may have a knock on effect on the tourism industry, just like Dubai. BUT something has to be done, I'd have rather groups go through the Courts, as that would have resulted in cases going in favour of buyers, without a doubt, but since that has not happened bring on Holiday Homes from Hell, something’s got to be done to stop developers just doing whatever they want. EVERYONES in this together !!!!
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Buckie.

Re:homes from hell 8 years 1 week ago #13471

• dougal47
  • Junior Boarder
I was not refering to other developements other than VV.

Re:homes from hell 8 years 1 week ago #13472

Buckie

I see your point it needs to be an owners group making a stand against the Developer rather than a generalised action group or individuals protesting on forums.It needs agreement and impact when dealing with solicitors/developers/Government.
As it is we are using different lawyers,creating more branches in the tree.
CV lawyers trying to make a fast buck out of investors trapped by laws that are not abided to by developers does not help(free run springs to mind)!
Fellow investors take note re: forming individual owners groups for your development and standing together against unscrupilous developers,you need to get in touch with Homes from Hell in the first instance so they can EXPOSE the dodgy developers....it might impact on Government to investigate/act to protect their future.

Re:homes from hell 8 years 1 week ago #13475

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
Alfie, that would affect every development in CV so far as none have opened on time yet. VV too, a lot have lost money in that resort too with the credit crunch hitting and Tecnicil not giving investors their money back. A Place in the Sun should be helping those too as they promoted the double your money back deal. So contacting Homes from Hell will affect All developments.

I think it right too by the way, and everyone should get in touch with ITV. Although this would not have been necessary if the individual Owners Groups had been set up in the first place, as I feel most problems could have been sorted without it getting out of hand.

Whatever way you decide to go down, I hope all investors get what they deserve, as developers in CV have to be stopped from doing whatever they like with peoples lifesavings. How many more years will this continue without something not getting done. CV is a great place and buyers should not be treat the way they are now, even at this late stage in some developments.

Re:homes from hell 8 years 1 week ago #13477

• tazsnag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Karon well done.

Dongal,I think we all went on a very dangerous road ,when we went to a
mri property show ,years ago ,it now come out that it was all lies,
everything ,so they could make big commission,s.;
and now peoople like me have a big mortgage ,and can,t afford to complete
and have lost the lot.
I hope this get,s on homes from hell,i will be sending
my story .
I see on mri.sg that many have being in touch with their
mp ,asking them to support sammy wilson .
at last things are getting done ,to get these crooks exposed.

Re:homes from hell 7 years 10 months ago #13695

• moparftw
  • Gold Boarder
First time ive seen this thread.
Has anyone had a reply from Homes From Hell?

Re:homes from hell 7 years 10 months ago #13696

• Buckie
  • Platinum Boarder
I still see NO ONE has got the furniture packs !....

This must be down to just theft ! As not one pack has been installed on Vila Verde, put this with the After Sales package and the debt owed to the government over a million, (yes the government got ripped too, would you believe the goat of it).....

With that, I can't believe that MRI are not dragged through the Courts ! What does this company have to do to people before there shut down ?.....

Re:homes from hell 7 years 10 months ago #13697

• tazsnag
  • Platinum Boarder
Thats no big supprise ,they never intented to deliver.Mri are so conceited that they think no one will dare bring them to book,no matter what they do.

Any one who got ripped off in that scan join
www.mri-sg.org/forum/index. tell your story
and get in touch with others in the same situation.
something needs to be done about this.

Re:homes from hell 7 years 10 months ago #13698

• tazsnag
  • Platinum Boarder
Moparftw,, maybe they are doing a 10 part series
on mri ,could take them years to cover all the cons.
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds